Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beyonce Does [Essence]

Little snippets of Beyonce’s Essence Magazine cover story started leaking on the net last week and I have been meaning to do a post...and I have to rate this interview a pure GENIUS. Especially for Beyonce fans like me who have waited years for her to really open up about life. She’s definitely the Queen B. Here are a few snippets I found interesting
Her Relationship With Jay
“We decide everything. My word is my word. What Jay and I have is real. It’s not about interviews or getting the right photo op. It’s real.”

On Getting Tattoos instead of engagement rings
“People put too much emphasis on that. It’s just material, and it’s just silly to me”

Beyonce On Keeping Her Life Private

“I feel that, especially now, with the Internet and paparazzi and camera phones, it’s so difficult to maintain mystery. And that’s so important. Even in a relationship, I feel like not being that accessible is really important. If you think about Prince or Michael Jackson, or any superstars, you couldn’t see them when they got off their planes or when they got out of the pool and didn’t comb their hair. It’s great that people see we’re not perfect. But it’s almost impossible to have superstars now, because people will never get enough. And it’s not even about my music. It’s about all the things that people imagine about me in their minds. But I can’t satisfy everyone. I know that Jay and I probably do inspire people. And I appreciate people feeling proud. But this is the only way I’ve been able to stay sane, so why would I start talking now?
“[Not speaking] controls your brand. “It controls what you want to put out there and kind of forces people to talk about what you want them to talk about.”

She goes on to say that her marriage to Jay-z was always something she knew would happen and that she plans to have kids very soon. I guess the rumors are true she might just be preggo.....:( I don't know if I am happy or sad to say that!

Either Queen B Hails & Always Will

signed

D a v e




No comments: