Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Officially [Bee] Season..Dave's Review


So today is the day and for the few that know me on a more personal level know that I have had the cd for a week now and have fell in loved with it from the time I had it.

SASHA FIERCE is my alter ego," says BeyoncĂ©, "and now she has a last name. I have someone else that takes over when it's time for me to work and when I'm on stage, this alter ego that I've created that kind of protects me and who I really am. That's why half the record, I AM…, is about who I am underneath all the makeup, underneath the lights, and underneath all the exciting star drama. And SASHA FIERCE is the fun, more sensual, more aggressive, more outspoken side and more glamorous side that comes out when I'm working and when I'm on the stage. The double album allows me to take more risks and really step out of myself, or shall I say, step more into myself, and reveal a side of me that people only know me see

Beyonce has devoted half of the tracks on this double-disc set to her feisty alter ego Sasha Fierce (think "Single Ladies & Get Me Bodied"). But, it's the classic, more timeless R&B songs on the "I Am" portion of the cd that seem like a much-welcomed stretch for the singer. Lead single "If I Were a Boy" is the first taste of Beyonce's new found love for powerful ballads, as she croons about reversing gender roles. On "Halo" she sings in a lower register than usual over big drums and an epic piano pattern and belts emotively ("I don't want a broken heart/And I don't want to play the broken-hearted girl") on the Babyface-penned "Broken-Hearted Girl." Songs like "Video Phone," with its repetitive, vibrating beat, and the thumping "Diva," [The New Female Anthem Think "A Milli] a collaboration with Sean Garrett, don't break new ground but more than provide the radio-ready dance tracks for which Beyonce is known for. She has grown on so many levels with this cd although it every different from her debut and sophomore effort. The new cd has complimented her new found swagg "Women hood" I give the cd 5 stars and much more.

signed

"Her Best Album To Date

Jay Should Be Proud"

d a v e

No comments: