Sunday, August 03, 2008

Solange Eff The What?

I think it’s safe to say that I jumped on the Solange Knowles bandwagon pretty earlier. I remember pushing Solange YEARS back and people use to say “huh, Beyonce’s sister???”. I wasn’t worried about it though because I knew it wouldn’t be long before she stepped out of her sister’s shadow and started blazing her own path. A couple of days ago, she released a song via the web titled “F*ck The Industry (signed Sincerely)” were she took shots at the industry for trying to mold her into a cookie cutter artist (in other words, another Beyonce).
Solange cautions that the song is in no way a diss track aimed at any specific individual or artist within the industry. But she does name her sister Bey, Ashanti and Keyshia Cole in the song.
Solange makes it clear that she intends to blaze her own trail whether the industry like sit or not.
I feel that many people can relate to this song outside of the industry and that’s why I want to share,” writes Solange. This is the first song off the mixtape series coming out soon named “I Can’t Get Clearance…”

signed

d a v e

ps: I will get the link for you as soon as I can


No comments: