Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mount Vernon Whats The Problem??




A while back I did a story on "Harlem & their issues with gun violence" [Click Here]

well I am sad to say that I am back to not only discuss it again but shake my head in disbelief this time in my hometown.


Mount Vernon, New York has had it share of gun violence, rape, homicide, and gang abuse like any other ghetto it is something that is just a part of life and you become accustom to it but I can honestly say that I am sick of tired of young African American men not being able to see the their 21st birthday. I have been to so many funerals and not enough graduations besides my own my peers are killing themselves over nonsense I don't see why you would want to take someone life away. Today I am sad today that I lost a friend of friend due to nonsense he was expecting a baby next month and just had a baby shower old folks always life is short but when they said that I dont think they meant you could be shot by the next man so be careful. My heart goes out to his family and his baby's mother may they be strong for these next few days are going to be very difficult.


PLEASE STOP THE NONSENSE

It is crazy and uncalled for how do you console someones grandmother or mother after they have lost their grandson or son. Shaking my head in disappoint my heart is really sad to write this we got to do better then this.


MOUNT VERNON - A man was found shot dead in a maroon van on West 3rd Street and South 9th Avenue early this morning in Mount Vernon.
The victim was found around 5 a.m. and detectives have the area cordoned off and have erected white sheets to block onlookers as they await the medical examiner to arrive. Shomari Knox, 19, was a resident of Mount Vernon. Police would not give his exact address but said he lives in the area where he died.
The van, which had crashed into the back of another car, has multiple bullet holes.
Mount Vernon police Commissioner David Chong said there were few details about the shooting at the time because police were still at the scene.
It is the seventh homicide this year in Mount Vernon, the most in the county.

signed

d a v e



No comments: