Thursday, June 05, 2008

Letters To A Young Sister

Letters to a Young Sister brings Hill Harper's new vision for facing tough issues and becoming the architect of your own life to young women, such as:
• Creating an authentic image that is as unique as your fingerprint
• Confronting racism and sexism
• Boys, sex, and responsibility
• Playing to win
• Avoiding credit card addiction
• Turning dreams into reality
I am really proud and inspired that Hill Harper a role model of mines wrote a book dedicated to women I know that the book is good because I myself read a format similar to the one in his previous book, the book features an eight-page color photo insert, Letters to a Young Sister unfolds as a collection of letters in which Harper delivers straight talk, interspersed with questions answered in the form of e-mails written by well-known, accomplished women. With the voice of an older sibling, Harper offers stirring encouragement in each chapter and captures the spirit he conveys at each of his public-speaking events, whose audiences have ranged from church groups to middle-school students to graduating classes at Harvard, Columbia, and Howard University.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


PS: Maybe I will be nice and buy this for my best friend I know that I still refer to Letters For A Young Brother.
You Can Purchase Any Two Of These Books At Your Local Bookstore
Whats The Word?
d a v e

No comments: