Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Way That I Love Ashanti....

So I am at the place they call [Work]
On my birthday might I add so I figured I would post a blog....
The fourth studio album by The Inc./Universal Motown superstar singer-songwriter ASHANTI, titled THE DECLARATION, reaches retail stores and digital online sellers on June 3rd, 2008. [My Bday] Album producers and collaborators include such genre-defining talents as Robin Thicke, Jermaine Dupri, Babyface, L.T. Hutton, and Pharrell Williams
As I sit here and listen to Ashanti's "The Declaration"
I like the cd thus far what I am hearing via imeem.com

The Declaration’s first smash single, “The Way That I Love You,” maintains a Top 3 posting in the national Urban radio airplay chart, and is continuing to bullet upward in the Top 20 of Rhythmic/Crossover radio stations nationally, and is top 25 in the adult-targeted Urban AC format. The track remains a Top 10 entry on Billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, after a 14-week run and a peak position of No. 2.
It's been four years - nearly an eternity in the constantly churning, here-today, gone-by-lunch world of R&B - since Ashanti released her "Concrete Rose" album to good reviews but lackluster sales, and she had been itching to return to the studio for quite some time. However, her team at The Inc. was in the middle of its own fight, not only in the long federal trial, but in the board rooms of various music companies as well.
Grammy-winner ASHANTI has been a trailblazer and role model for the new breed of multi-talented young artists since her 2001 chart debut as a featured artist on the No. 1 Ja Rule single “Always on Time.”
She made history at the 2002 release of her first album Ashanti, which entered at No. 1 nationally, and sold over 500,000 in its first week, the record for a female debut artist. In the same week, she held the No. 1 and No. 2 singles in the Billboard Hot 100, with her self-written solo single “Foolish” and her collaboration with Fat Joe, “What’s Luv?” With “Always on Time” remaining in the Top 10, she became the only artist since The Beatles to have her first three singles charting in the Top 10 simultaneously. Ashanti also co-wrote a fourth song in the same week’s Top 10, Jennifer Lopez’ “Ain’t It Funny.”
Whats The Word?
PS: I think its safe to say she made a strong come back but not a enough 'fierce look for me as far as the cd cover"
good job She-She
as me and my best friend say the
"Old Ashanti Might Be Coming Back"
The Way That I Love Being Born On June 3rd!!!




Download Ashanti & Robin Thicke - Things You Make Me Do (Feat. R

No comments: