Thursday, July 24, 2008

Carpe Diem

So on top of the world,
That in 24 hours the weight of the world...

Is on your shoulders again.

That just seems to be the rotation of things.
I sit and look at Venus,And hope she can't see me staring through the grape vines.
I clinch this rosary so tight and recite
Bible verses as though they were lines from my favorite play.
My life isn't anything like broadway.
These days I seem to pray,God just keep me and make a way,
And help my Grandmother feel better today.
My biggest fear is to have my heart brake and become undone.
Any given day I find myself lost,In a sea of thoughts and unchained melodies.
I think of all the strange fruit and funny valentines,and how I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places,And how traces of these songs haunt my face.
apparent in my blank expression and blatant digression to prescribed perceptions.
I know man can not live on bread alone,
And I know the most desperate bible verses...Because my thirst is, Happiness.
Carpe Diem.
signed
D a v e

No comments: